Hello and welcome to another issue of This Week in Rust and WebAssembly!
Rust is a systems language pursuing the trifecta: safety, concurrency, and speed.
WebAssembly is a stack-based virtual machine and instruction set. It is fast, safe, portable, and part of the open Web platform. By compiling to WebAssembly, we can run Rust code on the Web!
This is a weekly summary of Rust and WebAssembly’s progress and community.
Want to get involved in Rust and WebAssembly? Join the Rust and WebAssembly working group!
New Tools, Crates, and Projects
- Percy A modular toolkit for building isomorphic web apps with Rust + WebAssembly
- CBOR playground built with wasm-bindgen
News and Releases
Articles, Blog Posts, and Talks
- Is WebAssembly the return of Java Applets & Flash?
- Writing a front-end WebAssembly framework in Rust: lessons learned
Requests for Contribution
- Join the Rust and WebAssembly Working Group!
- Expose bindings to ALL the global JS things
- Help build the
web-syscrate by enabling bindings generation for more WebIDL interfaces!
- Help migrate the
wasm_bindgencrate’s tests to