Hello and welcome to another issue of This Week in Rust and WebAssembly!
Rust is a systems language pursuing the trifecta: safety, concurrency, and speed.
WebAssembly is a stack-based virtual machine and instruction set. It is fast, safe, portable, and part of the open Web platform. By compiling to WebAssembly, we can run Rust code on the Web!
This is a weekly summary of Rust and WebAssembly’s progress and community.
Want to get involved in Rust and WebAssembly? Join the Rust and WebAssembly working group!
News and Blog Posts
Want to make sure something ends up in this list on the next This Week in Rust and WebAssembly? Leave a comment on this issue.
- Multithreading Rust and WebAssembly
- Introducing the Ruukh Framework. An experimental next-gen frontend framework for the Web in Rust. GitHub repository.
- The new website for the
pestPEG parser generator has a nice wasm-based try-it-live demo at the bottom: https://pest.rs/
- WebAssembly and Dynamic Memory. A comparison of portability of allocators for wasm, featuring
- Simi is a new, simple framework for building wasm-front-end Web application in Rust.
- Encrusted is an interpreter for Infocom-era interactive fiction games like Zork that runs in your browser and is built with Rust and WebAssembly.
- Using WebAssembly with Rust is a new, free Video Course on Egghead.
Pauan/SaltyBetBotis a SaltyBet Bot written entirely in Rust and
stdweband compiled to Wasm.
- Serverless Rust with AWS Lambda and WebAssembly
- Serverless Rust with Cloudflare Workers and WebAssembly
php-ext-wasmis a PHP extension written in C, calling a Rust lib through FFI, using
wasmibehind the scene.
- HOWTO: Setting up WebAssembly on stable Rust without rustup. Instructions on using raw Rust and Wasm if you happen not to have
- Wasmer is a WebAssembly runtime built on top of Cranelift.
- Terrarium is a fork of WebAssembly Studio, except rather than run WebAssembly in your browser, it is deployed to a fastly server.
runwasmis an Emscripten emulation layer built with
- Bringing Elm’s architecture to Rust and Webassembly
- Stanford’s CS 242 Programming Languages Class will feature Rust and WebAssembly.
- The “Programming WebAssembly with Rust” book by Kevin Hoffman and published by Pragmatic Programmers is in beta and available for pre-order.
yiransheng/rust-snake-wasmis a snake game in Rust and WebAssembly.
console-webis a crate for writing to the console in wasm using
wasm-bindgen0.2.28 released! 🎉
wasm-pack0.5.1 released! 🎉
- Twiggy 0.3.0 released! 🎉
- There are two new reference sections in the Rust and Wasm book:
Requests for Contribution
- Join the Rust and WebAssembly Working Group!