Hello and welcome to another issue of This Week in Rust and WebAssembly!
Rust is a systems language pursuing the trifecta: safety, concurrency, and speed.
WebAssembly is a stack-based virtual machine and instruction set. It is fast, safe, portable, and part of the open Web platform. By compiling to WebAssembly, we can run Rust code on the Web!
This is a weekly summary of Rust and WebAssembly’s progress and community.
Want to get involved in Rust and WebAssembly? Join the Rust and WebAssembly working group!
New Tools, Crates, and Projects
- A Sudoku Solver written in Rust and compiled to WebAssembly
- Wasabi: a dynamic analysis framework for WebAssembly
- Wasabi is written in Rust and built on top of WABT
greenwasmis a WebAssembly engine written in Rust, designed to mirror the standard’s specification as closely as possible.
News and Releases
- The Game of Life tutorial now uses
wasm-packand has a section on publishing your
wasm-game-of-lifepackage to npm!
Articles, Blog Posts, and Talks
- From Rust to beyond: The WebAssembly Galaxy
- @sendilkumarn is giving a talk on Rust and WebAssembly at Rust Amsterdam
Requests for Contribution
- Join the Rust and WebAssembly Working Group!
- Add wasm-bindgen-futures to crates you should know section
- Expose bindings to ALL the global JS things
- Help build the
web-syscrate by enabling bindings generation for more WebIDL interfaces!
extends = ...attributes to